A Winterlude class is a 3- or 4-credit Spring 2023 class that is held December 19, 2022 through January 13, 2023. Each class is offered fully online.
Yes, all Winterlude classes are offered online only.
Classes are held December 19, 2022 through January 13, 2023.
No. Students may only register for one Winterlude class.
Registration opens on November 2, 2022.
Main campus students should meet with their Home College academic advisor for advisement prior to enrolling in a Winterlude class.
College of Professional Studies students can register for a class once registration opens on November 2.
No. Students must enroll in their Winterlude class in a separate MySlice transaction from their Spring classes. MySlice will generate an error message if a student attempts to enroll in both Winterlude and Spring classes in the same transaction.
Main campus students can register via MySlice beginning November 2, 2022. Main Campus students register for odd-numbered sections of Winterlude courses (ex. U801).
Matriculated College of Professional Studies students do not need permission to register for a Winterlude class. Current matriculated College of Professional Studies students register via MySlice. College of Professional Studies students register for even-numbers sections of Winterlude courses (ex. U800). Non-matriculated College of Professional Studies students should contact the College of Professional Studies Advising office at 315.443.3261.
New and visiting students are not permitted to take a Winterlude class.
Yes, you can! The requirements are:
- You must speak with the ESF Registrar’s office prior to registration at the College of Professional Studies.
- You must pay in full at the time of registration.
Winterlude courses can be taken for pass/fail with permission from your academic advisor by completing the Grading Option eForm.
Winterlude courses cannot be audited.
Independent studies and internships cannot be taken during Winterlude.
- Students can drop their Winterlude class via MySlice through the Academic/Financial drop deadline which is December 23, 2022. If you drop the class by December 23, the class will be removed from your transcript and tuition will be adjusted.
- After December 23, 2022, you can withdraw from a Winterlude class via MySlice through the withdrawal deadline, which is January 9, 2023. Withdrawing from a Winterlude class will appear as a “WD” on your transcript and charges will remain on your student account.
- College of Professional Studies students will choose a payment option at the time of MySlice registration.
- Students with a combined credit load (Winterlude + Spring) of 12 or more will remain main campus/full-time students and pay for the Winterlude class and their 9 or more credits for Spring at the main campus per-credit rate. Please refer to page 4 in the Tuition and Fees booklet for the Main Campus per credit rate.
- Main Campus students will be billed in December or February (unless you are on a monthly payment plan). The bill date will depend on the date of registration for the Winterlude class. Cost of Winterlude classes is in addition to spring tuition charges. It is not considered part of the flat rate of tuition charged for 12-19 hours. For example: A full-time undergraduate student who takes a Winterlude class and registers for 15 credits in the spring would pay the full-time rate plus the cost of the Winterlude class, $4,356 (3 credits) or $5,808 (4 credits).
Need-based financial aid may be available to undergraduate students who are enrolled in Winterlude courses that apply toward their degree and who receive need-based financial aid during the fall/spring terms. (Need-based financial aid is determined by information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and, for main campus students, the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE application.) Institutional aid for the Spring semester following Winterlude may be reduced should you not register for 12 credits for the Spring semester. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.
The tuition charged for the Winterlude class will be added to your spring term cost of attendance. For those who qualify, a Parent PLUS and alternative loans may be available if the Winterlude course applies toward student’s degree requirements. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.
The deadline for Winterlude grades to be submitted by the faculty is January 17, 2023.
During winter break, assistance is available from ITS support staff during regular business hours by calling 315-443-2677, or via e-mail: email@example.com. Visit the ITS website for more information: http://its.syr.edu/supportsvc.
Main Campus students should contact their Home College academic advisor with any additional questions regarding Winterlude.
College of Professional Studies students should contact the College of Professional Studies Advising Office at 315.443.3261.