A Winterlude class is a 3- or 4-credit Spring 2021 class that is held December 21, 2020 through January 15, 2021. Each class is offered fully online.
New for Spring 2021 – There will also be 1-credit two-week courses that will be held from January 11 – January 22, 2021. Each class is offered fully online.
Yes, all Winterlude classes are offered online only.
Classes are held December 21, 2020 through January 15, 2021.
Students may enroll in a total of 4 credits for Winterlude. If you enroll in a 3 credit 4-week Winterlude class, you may also enroll in a 1 credit 2-week Winterlude class.
Registration opens November 16, 2020.
Main campus students should meet with their Home College academic advisor for advisement prior to enrolling in a Winterlude class.
UC students can register for a class once registration opens on November 16, 2020.
No. Registration opens for Winterlude on November 16, 2020. Registration for spring classes does not start until December. If you wait to register for Winterlude until spring registration is open, you must enroll in the Winterlude class in a separate MySlice transaction from other spring classes. MySlice will generate an error message if a student attempts to enroll in both Winterlude and Spring classes in the same transaction.
Main campus students can register via MySlice beginning on November 16, 2020.
Matriculated University College students do not need permission to register for a Winterlude class. Current matriculated University College students register via MySlice. Non-matriculated University College students should contact the University College Advising office at 315-443-3261.
New and visiting students are not permitted to take a Winterlude class.
Yes, you can! The requirements are:
- You must speak with the ESF Registrar’s office prior to registration at UC.
- You must pay in full at the time of registration.
- Students can drop their Winterlude class via MySlice through the Academic/Financial drop deadline which is December 25, 2020. If you drop the class by December 25, the class will be removed from your transcript and tuition will be adjusted.
- After December 25, 2020, you can withdraw from a Winterlude class via MySlice through the withdrawal deadline which is January 11, 2021. Withdrawing from a Winterlude class will appear as a “WD” on your transcript and charges will remain on your student account.
- Students can drop their two-week Winterlude class via MySlice through the Academic/Financial drop deadline which is January 12, 2021. If you drop the class by January 12, 2021, the class will be removed from your transcript and tuition will be adjusted.
- After January 12, 2021, you can withdraw from a two-week Winterlude class via MySlice through the withdrawal deadline which is January 20, 2021. Withdrawing from a two-week Winterlude will appear as a “WD” on your transcript and charges will remain on your student account.
- UC students will choose a payment option at the time of MySlice registration.
- Undergraduate students who are part-time Main Campus students for spring 2021 will pay the Main Campus per credit part-time rate for the Spring 21 semester ($2206/$2363) plus the Winterlude rate per credit of $1348. Please refer to page 4 of the Tuition and Fees booklet.
- Main Campus students will be billed for Winterlude classes in December or February (unless you are on a monthly payment plan). The bill date will depend on the date of registration for the Winterlude class. Cost of Winterlude classes is in addition to spring tuition charges. It is not considered part of the flat rate of tuition charged for 12-19 hours. For example: A full-time undergraduate student who takes a Winterlude class and registers for 15 credits in the spring would pay the full-time rate plus the cost of the Winterlude class, $4044 for 3 credits and $5392 for 4 credits.
Financial aid may be available to undergraduate students who are enrolled in Winterlude courses that apply toward their degree and who receive need-based financial aid during the fall/spring terms. (Need-based financial aid is determined by information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and, for main campus students, the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE application.) The institutional aid for the Spring semester following Winterlude may be reduced should you not register for 12 credits for the Spring semester. The tuition charged for the class may be added to your spring term cost of attendance. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.
Students may apply for federal student loans for which they have remaining eligibility. For those who qualify, a Parent PLUS and alternative loans may be available if the Winterlude course applies toward student’s degree requirements. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.
Grades for 4-week Winterlude courses are due by January 19, 2021.
Grades for 2-week Winterlude courses are due by January 26, 2021.
Main Campus students should contact their Home College academic advisor with any additional questions regarding Winterlude.
University College Students should contact the University College Advising Office at 315-443-3261