A Winterlude class is a 3- or 4-credit Spring 2022 class that is held December 20, 2021 through January 14, 2022. Each class is offered fully online.
Yes, all Winterlude classes are offered online only.
Classes are held December 20, 2021 through January 14, 2022.
No. Students may only register for one Winterlude class.
Registration opens November 3, 2021.
Main campus students should meet with their Home College academic advisor for advisement prior to enrolling in a Winterlude class.
College of Professional Studies students can register for a class once registration opens on November 3, 2021.
No. Students must enroll in their Winterlude class in a separate MySlice transaction from their Spring classes. MySlice will generate an error message if a student attempts to enroll in both Winterlude and Spring classes at the same time.
Main campus students can register via MySlice beginning on November 3, 2021.
Matriculated College of Professional Studies students do not need permission to register for a Winterlude class. Current matriculated College of Professional Studies students register via MySlice. Non-matriculated College of Professional Studies students should contact the College of Professional Studies Advising office at 315.443.3261.
New and visiting students are not permitted to take a Winterlude class.
Yes, you can! The requirements are:
- You must speak with the ESF Registrar’s office prior to registration at the College of Professional Studies.
- You must pay in full at the time of registration.
Winterlude courses can be taken for pass/fail with permission from your academic advisor by completing the Grading Option eForm.
Winterlude courses cannot be audited.
- Students can drop their Winterlude class via MySlice through the Academic/Financial drop deadline which is December 24, 2021. If you drop the class by December 24, the class will be removed from your transcript and tuition will be adjusted.
- After December 24, 2021, you can withdraw from a Winterlude class via MySlice through the withdrawal deadline which is January 10, 2022. Withdrawing from a Winterlude class will appear as a “WD” on your transcript and charges will remain on your student account.
- College of Professional Studies students must choose a payment option at the time of MySlice registration.
- Students with a combined credit load (Winterlude PLUS Spring) of 12 or more credits will remain main campus/full-time students. Students will be required to pay for the Winterlude class and 9 or less credits for Spring at the main campus per-credit rate and $1,389 per credit hour for the Winterlude class. Students taking 12 or more credits exclusive of Winterlude, will pay the main campus full time flat rate plus the per credit hour rate for Winterlude. Please refer to page 4 in the Tuition and Fees booklet for the Main Campus per credit hour rate as well as the Winterlude per credit hour rate.
- Main Campus students will be billed in December or February (unless you are on a monthly payment plan). The bill date will depend on the date of registration for the Winterlude class. Cost of Winterlude classes is in addition to spring tuition charges. It is not considered part of the flat rate of tuition charged for 12-19 hours. For example: A full-time undergraduate student who takes a Winterlude class and registers for 15 credits in the spring would pay the full-time rate plusthe cost of the Winterlude class, $4,167 (3 credits) or $5,556 (4 credits).
Financial aid may be available to undergraduate students who are enrolled in Winterlude courses that apply toward their degree and who receive need-based financial aid during the fall/spring terms. (Need-based financial aid is determined by information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and, for main campus students, the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE application.) The institutional aid for the Spring semester following Winterlude may be reduced should you not register for 12 credits for the Spring semester. The tuition charged for the class may be added to your spring term cost of attendance. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.
Students may apply for federal student loans for which they have remaining eligibility. For those who qualify, a Parent PLUS and alternative loans may be available if the Winterlude course applies toward student’s degree requirements. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.
The deadline for Winterlude grades to be submitted by the faculty is TBD.
Main Campus students should contact their Home College academic advisor with any additional advising questions regarding Winterlude. Main Campus students with questions relating to tuition and payment should contact the Main Campus Bursar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.2444. Main Campus students with questions regarding registration should contact the Main Campus Registrar’s office at email@example.com or 315.443.2422.
College of Professional Studies students should contact their Advising office at 315.443.3261 with questions regarding advising. College of Professional Studies students with questions regarding registration and payment should contact the College of Professional Studies Bursar/Registration office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.443.4135.