A Winterlude class is a 3- or 4-credit Spring 2018 class that is held December 18th through January 12th. Each class is offered fully online.
Yes, all Winterlude classes are offered online only.
Classes are held December 18, 2017 through January 12, 2018.
No. Students may only register for one Winterlude class.
Registration opens on November 8.
Main campus students need approval from their advisor in order to take a Winterlude class. Following approval, a Course Permission will be granted in MySlice based on seating availability. Students will be notified of their Permission via e-mail and will typically have 48 hours, following their appointment time, to register for the class before the Permission expires. If the class is full, Permission will not be granted and the student will be added to a wait list.
UC students can register for a class once registration opens on November 8. Approval or permission to register is not required.
No. Students must enroll in their permissioned Winterlude class in a separate MySlice transaction from their Spring classes. MySlice will generate an error message if a student attempts to enroll in both Winterlude and Spring classes in the same transaction.
Main campus students need approval from their advisor in order to take a Winterlude class. Advisor approvals begin on October 16, 2017. Following approval, a Course Permission will be granted in MySlice based on seating availability. Students will be notified of their Permission via e-mail and will typically have 48 hours, following their appointment time, to register for the class before the Permission expires. If the class is full, Permission will not be granted and the student will be added to a wait list.
University College do not need permission to register for a Winterlude class. Current UC students register via MySlice. New and visiting students are not permitted to take a Winterlude class.
Yes, you can! The requirements are:
- You must speak with the ESF Registrar’s office prior to registration at UC.
- You must pay in full at the time of registration.
- Main Campus and UC students can drop their class via MySlice through the WD deadline of the class. Any financial adjustment will be based on the academic deadline in place on the day the drop is processed.
- UC students will choose a payment option at the time of MySlice registration.
- Students with a combined credit load (Winterlude + Spring) of 12 or more will remain main campus/full-time students and pay for the Winterlude class and their 9 or more credits for Spring at the main campus per-credit rate.
- Main Campus students will be billed in December and February. Cost of Winterlude classes is in addition to spring tuition charges. It is not considered part of the flat rate of tuition charged for 12-19 hours. For example: A full-time undergraduate student who takes a Winterlude class and registers for 15 credits in the spring would pay $22,575 plus the cost of the Winterlude class, $3,603 (3 credits) or $4,804 (4 credits).
Financial aid may be available to undergraduate students who are enrolled in Winterlude courses that apply towards their degree and who receive need-based financial aid during the fall/spring term. (Need-based financial aid is determined by information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and, for main campus students, the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE application.) Winterlude classes are considered to be part of the spring term, for financial aid purposes.
Students may apply for federal student loans for which they have remaining eligibility. For those who qualify, a Parent PLUS or Graduate PLUS Loan, and alternative loans may be available if the Winterlude course applies toward student’s degree requirements. Contact your financial aid counselor with any questions.
Grades will be posted daily beginning on January 13, 2018.